Well, to say I am inspired by the One Monthly Goal – OMG on Elm Street Quilts is putting it mildly! I haven’t had this much time to sew in a very long time.
I think I met the AUGUST goal that I posted earlier to the group. My goal was to assemble the blocks for the Scrap Dance Two Step Mystery Quilt Along (Designed by Carole – From My Carolina Home ). I think I may need to “modify” the goal and get it quilted too! ( Those of you who know me, know that I have 1/2 a dozen quilt tops on hangers, patiently waiting the quilting part!) No promises….other shiny objects may get in my way!
I got all the pieced borders on, and am pleased with the outcome. The quilt top is now a reasonable twin size – 58″ x 82″.
I am quite pleased with the outcome! I’m glad I “up-sized” from throw to twin at the beginning of the project too! Thanks Carole for another great scrappy project. Only neutral fabrics were cut from yardage in this quilt. All other fabrics came straight from the scrap bin!
I think the scrappy borders work well with this quilt and will now have to start thinking about the quilting, and whether I am doing my usual walking foot in the ditch/cross hatch routine or more FMQ than usual. How would you quilt it?
MAYBE my friend Lana, and her buddy Chris, will wander by in the next couple of weeks and give me a tutorial on the monster quilting machine I acquired last year and have YET to use. (She has a similar set up and promised “after the quilt show”.) I think next week I am going to sit down with it and just start to play for 15 minutes or so every day. I am intimidated by the loading and so forth. She had all kinds of tips and techniques she uses, so I can’t wait!! Perhaps I will load one of those charity quilts I have hanging around!
Meanwhile….the Pat Sloan block awaits for the Grandma’s Kitchen block 6. I just figured out which of the fabrics I want to use to feature the “wash day” motif of the block. Now, I need to figure out the rest of the fabrics!
Until next time, this StitchingGrandma has plans with the grandkids, so no further posts for a few days. I have to go play!
update – linking up – August One-Monthly Goal – link up (Project OMG) My goal was to get this quilt top assembled, and I am please with how it has come together SO fast!