Yesterday I mentioned I would not show any pictures until I had the main part of my Allietare assembled and ready for trimming. I had some free time in the afternoon, and got that last seam together, and ironed. Trimming is next and border decisions need to be made. I will open up that pattern one more time and see what Bonnie Hunter recommended, then decide just how big I want the finished quilt to be. It currently measures 71 x 85. I have a king size bed, so thinking the borders will have to be carefully considered.
Not much will happen in my sewing room until nearly dinner time, but I ask you to “wish me luck” as I proceed!
Note: pattern is by Bonnie Hunter – the Quiltville Winter Mystery 2015, Allietare. I changed 2 of the recommended colors – I chose green instead of grey, and brown instead of black. I used a constant red; and a constant gold for the center of the stars, and went scrappy with the smaller gold pieces and the neutrals.