Good morning fellow bloggers….Seems that WordPress wants to share my stats with you Via “helper monkeys” … Well…I’m no monkey, but I think I did a decent job a couple of days ago; writing about my projects for the last year. (Blog post was 2014 was a very busy year). (It was a photo journey of the year)
I do find the stats interesting but not as interesting as my own photo’s etc. But, I will share a couple of things more, as I am a number cruncher. Before I do, I want to know what are your OPINIONS on this “forced round-up” ? Are you playing along? I’d like to know. I think there will be a lot of “THE SAME” in the posts if every one using WordPress acts like a Monkey and shares the post. Facebook is doing something similar.
So; here are my stats; as I see them:
- this is post # 201; I get a lot of “traffic” when I publicize on Facebook and Google + . Most traffic has been when I have done a link – up with Bonnie Hunter – aka Quiltville.blogspot.com .
- Another stat — 1345 spam comments — Thanks WordPress for filtering them out!
- Another Stat – 155 followers through WordPress and 199 through Facebook. Do you “publicize” you blog through other social media sites or look at other blogs on blogspot or google plus?
- And my final Stat – I had a busy year with Quilt guild meetings; Quilt bee gatherings; a 3 day quilt retreat at the beach; and 2 – 3 day sit & sew retreats (no overnight) with ladies from 3 sewing bees; numerous classes with the guild; 4 bus trips to quilt shows, one trip on my own with a friend to a quilt show. Each gathering produced projects and learning opportunities; and lots of shopping on the bus trips to quilt shows. Spent a dollar or two on fabric and notions.
- My “best buys” of the year have been at Superior Thread during quilt shows. I need to make my own THREAD CHART before I go on another trip, so I know what I have (Going to take my hubby’s example and make a spread sheet & keep it on the smart phone). I like Aurifil, but I LOVE Superior Threads and I like the deals you can get at the shows.
- And somewhere in the midst of it all; I have organized and made a mess and re-organized; and shared my space on 2 occasions with my friends in the Material Girls Quilt bee. I might have sewn a little too.
Wishing you a happy healthy and fulfilling year in 2015; of creativity, while you sew, knit, crochet, cook, photograph or travel, sing, work, mother, and live. I keep thinking of a word for 2015 and I believe that word is “use”. I am going to try to USE what I have before buying more. (Note…in my world, that means really using that scrap storage system I started & blogged about last January!)
I leave you with a photo the latest improvement in the sewing
room studio…… (Maria in Alaska reminds me that quilting is an ARTISTIC endeavor; so I will henceforth have a studio instead of a room! That is as close to be an artist as I will ever get!)