Nothing left to do but stitch on two buttons on the size 2, and a “made by tag” on the size 4. Daughter asked for “size tags” to be included as well and those are also ready. I had lots of fun making these “opposing” dresses. The fact that I started with the bigger dress would make you think the “little dress” would go easier, since I had worked out all the kinks in the pattern…well…not so…..
I made the size 2 about 3 times I think. First go round, I had the bodice facing outside to the skirts WRONG side….ooops. So; RRRRRRRRRRRIPPPPPPPPP
Then I got it on properly; and stitched it together. Thought I would use the “Decorative” stitches on my new Janome to outline the bodice, like I did with the size 4……Well…for some reason, I could not get all those layers of gathering and the 4 layers of the bodice top edges to agree; and the top stitching with the decorative stitches looked TERRIBLE.
I spent the better part of Monday afternoon RIRRRIRIRIRIPPPING out all those cute little flowers that each have 100000 stitches per flower x 1000 flowers. I got about 6 inches done (not quite half). I sat in the warmth of the family room, with a cat in the lap watching movies while I did that! This morning, I looked at it and thought what was I thinking; my grandchild will be 25 before I pick out all those stitches; so enough already, SKIP THAT SILLINESS.! Out came my ROTARY CUTTER FRIEND and I just cut the bodice top off. ZIP ZIP DONE ! Bodice Top off ! I took the bodice top apart, rescued the shoulder straps and cut a new bodice and lining. I then “straightened up my cut” on the now, no longer gathered skirt, regathered it, and remade the top. SO MUCH BETTER. And, this time, I added a little YELLOW rick-rac to give it a cute finish. TADA…no more crisis to resolve.
So; together, they look fantastic! I even made the size tags myself with my Janome’s Alpha/numeric fonts.
That’s it for me today; time for a hot cup of tea while I wait on my dinner to finish in the oven!
Have fun stitching !