Just a bit of sewing going on here this summer. I have made considerable progress on the wedding quilt I started in June. My daughter and her family are here for the summer, and I would rather play with the little ones than spend all my free time sewing. By the time the little ones are in bed, this grandma is a little too worn out to think about sewing. What little I have gotten done has been on days when they are out visiting!
So, here are the pics: started with four patches; then added a sashing on two sides with a post~
Below is the beginning of the star points. Had to make 120 left and 120 right pieces.
And here is the first block. One down; 29 to go!
Then there were six…..
and before long there were 25 blocks.
I got so excited with the progress that the first week of August I started thinking about the sashing for between the blocks. I pinned two different fabrics up to get a feel for the colors. (In all, I bought 5 different greens; 3 yards each!!) I started with batiks, but they didn’t make the final cut!
This was the final choice….I won’t bore you with the other 4….especially since I have already cut and sewn!
and now; I just have the very top row to get the sashing finished on; then it will be time to connect these blocks into rows; and eventually into a quilt. At the rate I am progressing, I might have it done before the newlyweds have their 1st anniversary!
Thanks to Bonnie Hunter – Quiltville.com for the pattern – Jared takes a wife. ( http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/jared-takes-wife.html )
Bonnie has great patterns on her blog for free and is a lot of fun to follow!