So; I have learned a few things about the machine etc while I worked on these test projects…..
These cheap little napkins are very thin, and the stabalizer did not want to “tear away” like it did when I practiced on some nice quilt quality cotten. Note to self; invest in quality material…..
Secondly; I learned how to “go back” and find my place when the thread doesn’t lock, or pulls out of the stitch. Learned a little about going back to the previous color etc; backing up 10 stitches at a time etc.
And lastly; those lovely spools of thread have a color number on top….the sticker has to be removed before you can put it on the thread holder. My solution was to “stick the sticker” on the edge of the machine, and to use a sharpie (ultra fine point) and write the color # and NAME (which I had to look up in the charts) on the plastic portion of the spool. Even tho I replaced the sticker when I finished, I know it won’t last too long.
I need to think about building a thread rack now!!